Monday, October 14, 2013

Update on Us

I've gotta say- this is the first time I've updated a blog while eating whipped cream out of the can. Mmm. Okay, I should put this away now. But I'm definitely enjoying this beautiful cooler fall weather! I made some homemade pumpkin pie over the weekend (except I over-spiced it a bit), and there has been lots of reading and snuggling. When I'm not working, of course. But yay for fall!

I just want to mention how grateful I am for my family- my sweet husband especially! I can't believe this December will be our 7th wedding anniversary. Things can't be any better! Everything seems to be falling into place perfectly for us.

As for work, it's meh. Driving an hour and back to work everyday is tough. I'm no longer working at the behavioral academy as mentioned. So, I'm currently working at a few different schools, but mainly at an adult program (PALS- Pasadena Adult Learning Skills) which teaches higher functioning adults how to live independently. It's been fun. And no violence. We get to cook, take community trips so they can work jobs, and learn other adult skills.

Gary's job is going well too. The commute is hard on him too, so the move out of Santa Clarita is highly likely. Though, there's a high possibility his company will be moving much closer- so that would be awesome!

Anyway, Gary and I need more adventure. When we find it, we'll post it!

Now it's time for a nap. But I figured since it's been over a month since an update, I'd post something.

PS- Gary has trimmed his beard big time. He looks SO handsome, especially with all the weight he's lost- including his beard ;)




2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh and there's that whole adventure of you guys preparing for first time parenthood. ;) haha Mmm... homemade pumpkin pie.... I'm totally planning on making some pumpkin bread this afternoon. Just to continue getting in the spirit of this fall season. So, so lovely!

Carla said...

Okay, I request pictures of this beard trim.

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...