Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring Cleaning

  Yesterday, despite my less-than-sunny mood while battling this flu, I decided to start spring cleaning anyway. I deep cleaned the bathroom so it's all white and shiny, disinfected pretty much everything, cleaned the carpet and couch (not just vacuumed, but washed), dusted everything down, cleaned the mattress and all the bed sheets (I do that weekly anyway, but the mattress itself needed a good wash), gave the cats a spa-day (nail trims, bath, brush), and tidied up the apartment. I also did a little spring decorating by laying out fresh fruits and vegetables in a cute bowl from Target and brightening up the rooms by opening the windows- not to mention some of the cute cheap spring decorations I had stored away. I also love having beautiful and colorful live plants around the home. Not only do they filter the air, they smell good and bring lots of springtime color. So later today, I'm hitting up Home Depot to buy new flowers. We have one large green plant in our bedroom, but I want smaller ones to stick around the place. We also have two small air filters set up- one in the living room and one in the bedroom. Gotta be prepared for allergy season!

I had finished cleaning and showering and freshening up just in time for Gary to arrive home. I then made him one of his favorite meals- pork sliders. So good! I buy reduced fat ground pork, and cook it as well as onion soup mix, over the stove. When it's close to done, I add a small amount of low-fat mayonnaise and cheddar cheese, and lightly season it with fresh herbs. With the oven set to 350, I get sweet Hawaiian bread rolls, cut them in half, and place them on a cookie sheet. I add the pork to the bread, close them to make a sandwich, cover the top with foil, and pop them in the oven for about 8-10 minutes. Delish! Low fat, low calorie, low sodium, and meat? Works for me.

Anyway, yes, the spring cleaning and preparedness helped tremendously with the mood (and I slipped in a scenic walk). I'm feeling much better this morning. Now I am super duper looking forward to General Conference coming up soon- and Easter! Many more reasons to be happy.

3 comments:

carrin said...

Wow Emilee I'm impressed! I love you lots!

Carla said...

Come to my house next!

PS- We talked about stopping by for a surprise visit on our way down to OC last weekend (Quinn, Devonn, and I). Glad we didn't I guess since you were sick and all.

Megan said...

You can come to my house next, if you'd like!!! hahaha There's just something so wonderful about a clean house... hope you're feeling better and enjoying the clean and fresh fruits of your labor!!!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...