Thursday, March 15, 2012

Emilee and Her Dreams Again

 I'm pretty sure I'm crazy. So we'll start there.

 As you know, I'm a crazy dreamer. Lucid dreaming is common, sleep paralysis, always able to remember my dreams, etc. Lately, they've been a little different. I've been having several dreams in the night that actually wake me up because I believe I'm hearing noises in the bedroom.

 Let me explain. Two mornings ago, around 4am, I woke up because I thought I heard the door rattling loudly. I thought Gary was being a little brat by shaking the door to wake me up at my usual time. I tried to ignore it, and said, "I get it, I'm awake. Stop." When I opened my eyes, I noticed it was dark in the room. Too dark. I sat up a little and looked at the door- closed. Still tired, I shrugged it off and laid back down. However, when I closed my eyes and started dozing off again, I heard the door again rattling rather loudly. Super tired, I forced my eyes open again and waited, starting to worry at the possibility of somebody being in the apartment. I sat up this time, noticed the time was 4am, and looked over at my sleeping husband next to me. So, once again, I laid down, closed my eyes, and started to doze off. There it went again. Finally, I sat up in bed, got out of bed, and opened the bedroom door to explore. I guess I should have been more equipped, but for some reason I was really tired. Nobody was there, of course. Now since I was more fully awake, it didn't happen again. Clearly it was a dream.

 Last night I had several similar episodes. I had a few random, normal dreams about camping, my mom playing Halo with me (awesome), and a few other things. However, this time around the same time, I heard my name being called. "Emilee! Emilee, wake up!" I opened my eyes and asked, "What? What is it?" I then heard a mumbled response from Gary, "Huh? What?" as he rolled over and went back to sleep. Realizing it was a dream again, I went back to sleep. Only this time, when I "opened" my eyes, I saw somebody crouched next to my bed, calling my name again. I could swear it was Sarah when she was younger, but if not, she was a blonde girl. I went to sit up this time again, but of course, nobody was there and nobody was calling my name. Gary was mumbling again about something, probably wondering what I was doing. This happened a few more times in the morning, before Gary's alarms went off. I didn't see anybody else, just noises and my name forcing me awake. I think I was forcing myself awake to respond to the noises. I don't know.

See, I'm crazy. Or haunted. Either way, I'm sure I'm not the only person who has had this happen. At least it's not the tall, dark, creepy guy I used to see as a kid that would send me to the bathroom to hide, cry, and eventually fall back to sleep. Several times as a kid, I thought I was ballooning and swelling, and I'd run to the bathroom and cry. At one point, my mom must have heard me screaming and came downstairs to find me in the bathroom in the middle of the night crying about how I was going to pop because I was a balloon. Oh, silly me.

3 comments:

Erin Marie said...

Your dreams have freaked ME out, just reading that.

Carla said...

Yeah, those are some pretty freaky dreams.

Megan said...

creepy!!!!! i've never been one to remember my dreams, but if they're anything like that I'm glad i don't! lol hope you are able to get some nice uninterrupted sleep sometime!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...