Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Weekend So Far

 The weekend so far has been great! Friday evening, Gary and I mostly spent kicking back at home. We drove a few places, but nothing caught our interest...so we just headed back home and went to bed.

 Saturday, though, was fun! We got up early, showered, then headed out to Taft to visit Gary's parents. There I helped chop up veggies and stir a delicious meal. It was realllly good, and we brought home some of it. It was like egg roll stuffing; zucchini, mushrooms, cabbage, diced chicken, carrots, etc etc. Then we got a tortillas, spread plum sauce along it, then filled it with deliciousness. Mmm. Gary's sister and her husband Doug then stopped by and visited for awhile. They showed us a video of their upcoming marathon, and it looks amazing! Those two and their children are all runners, and are always running fantastic marathons. This was definitely motivating to me. I used to love running, and did it all the time back in the day. I definitely need to get back into it. This will definitely change my body!

Anyway, after a visit with the in-laws, we headed over to Bakersfield. We stopped at a nerdy store, where we bought a little bit of D&D stuff, then stopped by for a visit with my parents and family; they didn't know we were in town. We let ourselves into the house, and I heard Jazmine blasting her teeny-bop music and giggling about something. I was pretty sure she was talking to herself again. Anyway, I sneaked my way to her room, and slowly opened her door. Then I pushed it open and went "RAAAR!" Sending her flying back and screaming bloody murder. I also managed to hit her cousin Tiffny with the door, which scared the heck outta her. Lol, whoops. But hilarious nonetheless. This sent concerned parents down the stairs to see why Jazmine screamed like that. Haha. Anyway, we visited for awhile, talked politics, then headed back home.

The weekend isn't over yet. Gary has tomorrow off, so we're heading back out to Ventura. Gary was going to use a vacation day for tomorrow, but his boss said, "Nah, don't worry about that. You have some comp time." AWESOME.

I suppose I should start getting ready for church! Gary is now in the nursery. There were sooo many kids with just Megan and I, so Gary and Josh were both called to nursery, and now it's split. Gary and I have senior, Josh and Megan have junior. So today will be fun! Looking forward to Fast Sunday and hearing the testimonies of our awesome ward.

So, that's that! Oh yeah, and Thursday, while I was running around town, I made a quick stop at Bridgeport just to sit and relax for a bit. Didn't get to walk a lap since I had parked there and wasn't planning on staying long, but I wanted to spend a little of my Spring day watching the ducks. So, here's our Spring: *pushes Dexter off of her* (he likes kneading my legs, but this involves backing up and sticking his butt in my face while he sits on my collar bone)
















Okay, bye!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Thanks again for having us over tonight!! It was fun!

Have a blast in Ventura tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too rainy for you guys!!!

carrin said...

guys make it to Ventura? Was it raining?

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...