Sunday, April 18, 2010

Collections, Work, Missed Updates

I totally forgot to talk about our Ventura trip. I didn't take much pictures, since you've all seen Ventura beach before; well, and I forgot my camera; but we had fun! We spent a lot of time in the sand, collecting rocks, shells, and other things. Well, we tossed them back when we left, but still. We had a wonderfully relaxing time...the water was super sudsy. But nice to listen to.

After we spent time on the sand, we decided to shop around the Ventura Harbor Village, where there's lots of little shops. The first place we stopped at was wonderful. It's called House of Gifts; the customer service was really great. Gary, who has been collecting D&D miniatures, has been looking everywhere for display cases. When we were looking at all the little gifts and things, he asked where the store purchased their display cases. The guy mentioned the store had some extras which weren't being displayed for use. He then called his mother (family owns the store), and asked if he could sell them to us; and they did! So now he has display cases for all his minis. He's still collecting more minis, so it's great to have them all set in their cases.






Cute and nerdy, huh?

Anyway, work has been going really well. Selling pets, cleaning aquariums and other things, helping people with pet advice, etc. I'm going to have a busy schedule this week but all is good! I worked today, 10-5pm, so I missed church. But I am off Sunday. My bosses do know however that I'm available for everything except for Sundays, so most Sundays I shouldn't be working. This was just part of my training. But I passed both training tests with perfect scores, so I'm completely certified to handle the animals now.

Well, I believe that's all for now. Short, boring blog post, and not very well written...brain on off mode. But I am tired tired tired; and it's time to hang out with husband and catch up on some shows.

PS- Josh and Meg just left, and we had an awesome time playing Munchkin Cthulu. If you haven't played Munchkin before, you should start! It's quite fun; a card game. We played last week too. And now that the temps are going up, we are having more BBQs :)

K bye!

2 comments:

carrin said...

So cool that they sold you the display case, I'll make it to Ventura the end of May, been missing the ocean. Good luck with your new job and school. Glad they are giving you Sunday's off. Love you

Megan said...

You seriously inspire me to want to go up to Ventura everytime you talk about it!! Ahhh the beach sounds so nice right now... Better than stinky work. ;) LOL

Thanks again for having us over! We'll have to have you guys to our place next time! This weekend might not work b/c my cousin's fam is going to be in town, but maybe the week after? I'll talk with Josh and see what he thinks. :)

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...