Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Yearly Update

    Okay, like a month and a half, but close enough.

    Lots of changes going on here! Baby Gabey will be 11 months in a couple of days. ELEVEN MONTHS! Who/why/how/where/when did this happen?! This is much too fast.

   So, Gabe:

  • Eats everything. Seriously, this kid LOVES to eat! There is nothing he will turn down.
  • Is adorably chunky (probably due to the above)
  • Loves to clap his hands, follow his brother everywhere, and climb
  • Cruises on everything and gets into pretty much everything
  • Loves to babble and "talk". Dada, Nana, Baba
  • Is such a cuddle monkey (my favorite)!!! He is so affectionate and sweet and will give you kisses all day if you let him. Melt!

  Alex:

  • Will be 3 soon!! But I'm in denial
  • Discovered Thomas and Friends and anything train related is pretty much his favorite thing ever. He'll put his train in front and line up all cars and other trains behind it
  • Still sleeps with his blankie
  • Talks SO MUCH still
  • Is getting into imaginative play
  • Can spend all day outside if you let him
  • Adores his dad and always wants to play with him
  • Is also ridiculously and adorably cuddly
   Gary and I are doing well too! Gary is doing great with his job and enjoys doing a carpool now instead of public transportation (to save gas/mileage). I too got a job teaching PreK at a private preschool-kindergarten program. It was a hard decision because I LOVE staying at home. And though we don't really need the extra money, I think I mostly did it for me. Being home for 3 years made me kinda itchy to get back into working. I decided to apply for jobs, but every night when I'd go to bed, I'd laugh at myself for even considering it. However, interviews happened and things got real. So, I decided to go for it. I get to take Alex and Gabe with me, and they're just down the hall. Alex has a lot of fun with his class and often cries when it's time to leave (that's also due to being exhausted). Gabe knows now when I put him in his classroom that I will be leaving him, so naturally he cries. However, his teachers are great at redirection and he's instantly having fun. Best part is I get to see them and visit them regularly. Many of the staff members (including the owners and director) have their kids there too, so they all understand!

     I think the hardest part isn't necessarily me working and doing more each day, but the guilt of no longer staying home. Often times I wonder if this really was a good choice for the boys. If staying home is what was best. But I remind myself that I have to take care of myself too. They get to come with me and I get to see them regularly and checkup on their progress. I'm literally RIGHT THERE, so that makes it a bit easier. Anyway, I have a crazy/rowdy class, but it will eventually simmer down when I'm there a little longer. They're just being extra testy because I'm new, which is expected.

Well, that be the update!

No comments:

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...