Sunday, April 30, 2017

Beautiful April

   This is seriously the best time of the year! I love how green it has been around here, and I am in awe just when I drive places! My favorite part of spring around here are our beautiful bluebonnets! They really are the best!

We've also been getting a lot of storms (nothing compared to our summer storms), but they've still been wonderful!

Anyway, we are doing well. Gabe and Alex and adjusting really well to school, and Alex really gets upset when he realized it's not a school day (but feels better when he learns he gets the whole day with us!). Gabe is much better at drop off as he just quickly goes to his toys to play in his room.

Work has been going pretty well too. The kids are finally adjusting to me, and I FINALLY have a permanent assistant, which has been marvelous. I can finally find the freedom to lesson plan more, and get my classroom organized. Plus, I can finally get their pictures and art projects up on the wall. That part has been great!

We did go through a couple of illnesses in the past month or so, but are doing better. Alex had to take a few days off school because he wasn't feeling well. I got him out of bed Wednesday morning to realize he was so warm. I took his temp which was 101. I ended up getting an appointment with his doctor that day, so I took him in. His temperature had spiked to almost 104 when we were there, and they immediately gave him some Motrin and ran some tests. Turns out it was strep and an ear infection. Poor guy. I knew he was always asking for water and saying his throat hurt too, so I'm glad we were able to get the antibiotics going. He's doing much better now!

Anyway, that's about it for now!

No comments:

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...