Friday, January 22, 2016

Mom Life in Texas

     One of the many great advantages of moving to Round Rock is the wonderful family atmosphere. It is SO family friendly here and I love it. There are kid places everywhere, playgrounds, parks, zoos, nature and animal centers, and many places to explore. Alex has play dates at least twice each week with other kids too.

     We were at Mt. Playmore (indoor playground) a couple of weeks ago, when another mom approached me and started chatting. She invited me to be a part of a network of moms in the Austin area. Well, of course! Mom friends are always great! I realized there are a few thousand moms involved in this, and it's divided into regions (Round Rock, Cedar Park, Austin, North Austin, South Austin, Georgetown, etc). Since joining, Alex and I have gone to so many events, and last night I was able to go my first mom's night out event! It was great going out to dinner with other ladies. They do these nights out often, so I'm excited.  Alex and I always have things to do, and it's nice for me to get out! They even do childcare swaps, so I think it will be helpful when little brother comes along this spring. Always need that extra support when family isn't close!  I also love how active our Relief Society is too, so I'm always able to get free sitters when I have doctors appointments and such.

     Anyway, here are some pictures of our adventures! 



Just had to throw this in there. Wily just loves Alex!

Town Lake Boardwalk on Lake Austin- one of our favorite walking places!

Ball pit at Little Land Play Gym


Austin Duck Adventures! It was actually really fun. We did a tour on a bus around downtown- and then the bus drove straight into Lake Austin, where we had a boat tour! It was COLD though, and I really wish I had  put his coat on. It's definitely colder here than California, as we have lots of wind chill from the north.


Climbing at Little Land



My little climber at Mt. Bonnell



Outdoor fun at Red Bud Isle dog park


Having his first pony ride at Kiddie Acres




One of the absolute coolest indoor playground we've been to. It's called Catch Air. It's an underwater themed toddler playground. You know how many indoor play areas have a closed off area for toddlers? Well, this ENTIRE indoor playscape is just for toddlers. This picture is only a small portion of it. It's seriously amazing, and he could spend all day in there!


     Everything else is going great too! Gary's loving the new job, I'm pushing through school (I've written 4 papers just this week- insanity!), and the puppy is still being a puppy, LOL. Luckily the potty training thing is down for the most part though, and Alex has warmed up to her. She just has a lot of energy, but I make sure we play outside regularly and go to dog parks to socialize her. Her training is going great though. She's very smart- just has a short attention span. But I love her! She's very loyal and sweet.

    Little brother is doing great too! This trimester is definitely a lot more fun with the wiggles, kicks, and movements. He's sure busy in there! I've noticed more aches and pains with this one than with Alex, but I guess that's pretty normal. Thankfully Gary's been really good with back and hip massages to help :).


   That's the update! 

2 comments:

Megan said...

Wow, it definitely looks like you're finding all the fun hang outs for moms and kids! How wonderful to find a network of people to socialize with and help you out when you're far from family. California misses you guys, but I'm so glad you're being well taken care of. And I can't believe how big Alex is getting!!!

Carla said...

He is looking so much older now!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...