Sunday, November 9, 2014

Halloween, Updates, Etc.



 Alex's first Halloween! He definitely makes a cute Tigger!





Our Trunk-or-Treat theme was Hundred Acre Wood

   For Halloween itself, we watched the new X-Men movie, then went down the street to the coolest house in the neighborhood- Boney Island! This house was completely decked out. All of the skeletons were singing and dancing and/or talking. It was complete fun entertainment and definitely family-friendly! Apparently this family has been doing this since 1997. And the treehouse? Coolest treehouse I've ever seen. There were light shows and all sorts of fun things.






     Anyway, this boy has been improving everyday! He's ALMOST there on the crawling! He can move a few feet, then launches himself forward. He knows the leg part and just needs to coordinate the arms better. I'd say next week he'll get it and will definitely be on the move by Thanksgiving. He can also sit up (with assistance getting there). He now sleeps from about 8:30pm-7am, then goes back to sleep around 8am and sleeps until 10:30. We didn't get the fun extra Daylight Savings hour, but oh, well!


I'm working on it!

Still playing around with solids (once or twice per week). Definitely loves the carrots!

I get to face forward in my stroller!

Happy guy!

  Also, for my birthday on the 25th, Gary and I took my dad and the foreign exchange students around the Subway stops in Los Angeles- including Little Tokyo, Chinatown, and the Hollywood area. My mom stayed home with little Alex, so it was nice getting out with my hubby!
Us!

 Anyway, I've been working on getting back into shape, but decided to not be so hard on myself. I joined Total Woman Gym and Day Spa and I'm loving it. The daycare staff are SO sweet and good with Alex. I go in the afternoon when it's pretty dead so usually it's just him and maybe another kid in there. That way they can focus on him and not 20 other kids too, LOL. Of course, you can't just show up with your kids- you typically have to call and make an appointment (you know, to prevent too many kids), but it's still nice having mommy time without watching Alex at the same time. I've started running again, but slowly. I've also been using the Stairmaster, then Elliptical when my knee is starting to act like a jerk. My favorite thing to do is hit the weights though. It's not a Gold's Gym when it comes to weights as there aren't as many, but it'll do! 


Okay, time to rest! The flu has hit me. Gary received his flu shot, so fingers crossed he hasn't caught it. Luckily Alex seems to be okay so far!






 

1 comment:

Megan said...

Sorry I've been such a slacker on the blog reading front! Enjoying catching up on yours! Alex is so stinking cute, I seriously can't get over it. he has the best little smile! Seems like such a happy boy! I'm super impressed that he sleeps so well at night too! That's so nice for you! You're doing a great job with him and are such a good mommy! Glad you're enjoying the women's fitness center -- that sounds great!!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...