Saturday, October 22, 2011

Uneventful

 So, it's been pretty uneventful here. Gary's been gone for a week, but he'll be back this afternoon. He'll leave again tomorrow morning and return the evening of my birthday.

 What have I done all by myself? I wish I could say I did a ton of things, but it's not true. I did get a lot of time to workout, so I posted an update on my fitness blog with some motivating tips.

 Tuesday afternoon, I headed to Bakersfield to visit family. Since I'm a genius, I brought my camera but took no pictures. You can probably catch a few unflattering ones on my Facebook, haha. Anyway, I brought my Wii for some entertainment. I had a pretty good time there that evening playing games with the family and enjoying a delicious chicken dinner. Quinn played Harry Potter for a bit and then a group of us played Mario Party 8- you know, the game that destroys relationships. Okay, not really. But kind of. My mom was in the lead with everything until Quinn not only stole her star, but most of her coins, putting her in last place. Pretty stinking funny.

Early the next morning, around 6, I headed out for an hour of walking. I chose walking over running because I brought the dogs with me. They're a bit out of shape, so I didn't want to push them. Sam might have made it since she was totally eager and going all directions, but Katrina was out of breath after a block. So I took it easier with her (I traded off...took Katrina out for a half hour then immediately Sammie for a half hour). After showering and getting ready, a few of us headed out to see Andrew (my nephew) receive his student of the month award. He was so adorable about it, too (kindergarten).

I stayed a bit longer, did a little shopping, and unfortunately had to run home earlier than planned. FedEx had shipped a package a little sooner than expected, and I learned they had dropped it on our doorstep. When I called the apartment management, I was told nothing was on my doorstep, not even a note. I had no choice but to return home and figure out what happened. It's still missing- and probably stolen. I left notes on everyone's doors (on our floor and the 3rd floor), but no response. The person above us mentioned he did remember seeing it on our doorstep for a long time. Shortly after, maintenance came through to clean the stairs and hallways, and it disappeared after that. Management, all staff and maintenance were notified and I had to keep bugging them until I made my point. Getting a package stolen from your front door doesn't look good to them, so they said they would keep a lookout and figure out what happened. I'm sure it's long gone.

It was shipped from Walmart.com. I called Walmart, explained my package went missing, and surprisingly, they immediately refunded my money. It was the first time I received great customer service from them. Pretty shocking, huh?  The item was a special order that only Walmart.com carried. However, they sold out online so they were unable to ship a new one. BUT, after reading a few forums, I discovered they shipped limited editions to the stores. So, quickly, I called around nearby Walmarts until I found a store that carried it. I rushed and bought it. This was good luck.

Anyway, not much else to update. Be sure to check out my fitness blog for more Emilee update stuff.

4 comments:

carrin said...

we sure enjoyed your visit, sorry you had to run off and miss your cupcakes but it was great spending time with you!

Carla said...

I like how your mom keeps saying "your cupcakes." Devonn and I bought them for Lexi since it was her birthday and all. ;) Lol.

Anyway, I'm happy you're coming back for your real b-day I think we should make you blow out ALL your candles (in one breath, of course).

Megan said...

That is totally lame about your package being stolen -- but definitely a relief that Walmart refunded you the money without question! Defintely surprises me since I haven't always had the best of service from them... Sounds like you had a great time with your family too. Family time is the best. Enjoy your night with Gary!

carrin said...

well some were for her to eat too, lol just like all of us

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...