Sunday, May 8, 2011

Life

I love my life!

First of all, I want to talk about how blessed I am to have the mother I have and to wish her and happy mother's day. She is awesome! I gave her a hard time in the past with my teenage and younger mood swings and often said mean things, but I have always loved her. She is the best mother anyone could ask for. Her patience is incredible and I love the example she left me so I knew one day I wanted to become sealed in the temple with my husband and I know I want to raise my children in the gospel because of what a great childhood I had. She was always there to tend to my problems, clean up my many wounds from bike accidents to broken bones, and clean up my room after I'd leave it messy for so long. I used to tease her about her obsessiveness with a clean house, but realized when I moved out how wonderful it feels to have a clean home. I'm so blessed she taught me the many things I know today in this world and all the many life lessons I am excited to share with my future children. Thanks, Mom!

Gary and I had a pretty good weekend. Since I had it off, we got to spend a great deal of time together, which is always marvelous. Saturday morning, we headed to the flea market where we purchased some fresh peanuts and almonds, and enjoyed the cool breezy weather. We then headed to the Newhall area to Brave New World Comics to check out DnD stuff. Little did we know it was free comic book day where they were handing out a selection of comic books-for free! Gary and I aren't big on comic books so we passed up the opportunity, but the place seemed like a great deal of fun for kids. Darth Vader and storm troopers were roaming the inside and outside of the store (since it was an indoor/outdoor event), there was a food truck, games, and many other cool things. The staff wore shirts that read "Geek" and it seemed like the perfect place to be for any superhero fanatic on a Saturday.

After that, we headed home and have spent the rest of the weekend doing absolutely nothing but relaxing and playing games (and church of course).

I'm looking forward to these next couple of days since I'm off and soaking up some sun. May even hit the beach :)

Anyway, that's it for now. Since I'm on a healthy streak, I updated my cooking blog. It's on a new address and I added 4 new recipes. Check it out!

Bye!

1 comment:

carrin said...

aww thanks Emilee, I love you too and you will make an awesome mom, biological or adopted :)

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...