Sunday, May 22, 2011

Back to Internet World

 Hey, y'all. I know I disappeared from blog and internet world for awhile, but I'm back for a little bit.

 Last week, Sunday morning, Gary flew out to Houston, Texas where he spent the entire week for training in Cognos, a business intelligence program which will greatly help his company. They chose him to be the first person in the company to learn this because they felt he'd be the best teacher to teach others. I am so proud of him! The company paid for the entire trip, including $45 each day for meals.

 It was interesting having a whole week to myself, but I did enjoy it. Of course I missed my husband, but it's nice every now and then to have time to myself. Gary enjoyed his week as well with all the training and seeing around Texas. He got to experience real Texas BBQ and said everyone there is so friendly and kind. Now he wants to move there. We'll see. I like Texas too, but we still have a couple of years to see where we're going.

 Monday, I decided to head to Bakersfield to spend some time with my family. I surprised my mom by showing up to her classroom at school and helped her with the computers and in the library. I stayed for dinner that evening and had to head out that night since I had work the next day. I only worked 16 hours last week, so I had a lot of time to myself. I planned on going to the beach but never made my way over there. Now I kind of wish I would have gone there since we're less than an hour away. Ah, well, maybe this week we'll hit the beach. I got to catch up my book reading though, and that was always nice.

 Gary arrived home yesterday evening, after I went to a really cute baby shower. The whole theme was Dr. Seuss and it was just adorable with delicious food.

















That was just one of the many cute tables.

After Gary came home, we got ready and went to another party thrown by a co-worker of his. It was a 70's-80's spring theme and it was a lot of fun. I really need to find this camera charger of mine. Unfortunately Gary and I couldn't find much to wear for the theme, but nobody cared. There were a lot of people there so it's all good. We stayed for a couple of hours until jet lag hit Gary and he was ready to sleep-which he did soundly.

Anyway, all is well at the Pollock house. My weight seems to be dropping even more so. About 10 lbs down from 2 weeks ago and still falling. I don't know if it's all the kelp and vitamin supplements or the fact I haven't been eating much (or both), but something's working. I'm not starving myself, either. I track everything I do and eat and keep it under a certain amount of calories each day and it seems to be working. I dropped 3 pant sizes and realized my pants are getting a little loose again. It's incredible. 20 more pounds down and I'll fit back into my wedding dress again. Looking forward to it!

Okay, back to enjoying the rest of this day with my husband. Bye!

PS- updated my lady blog

2 comments:

Megan said...

YAY for another blog update! hahaha It was so good to see you yesterday at the shower, thanks for your help! And way awesome job about all the weight loss! That is so awesome!! When I joined weight watchers I was amazed at how my relationship with food really changed because I realized I could still loose weight without starving myself. Keep up the good work, and enjoy time with Gary!

carrin said...

congrats to you and your weight loss, I enjoyed your surprise and it really was a surprise to see you at my work! Dad loves Texas too, he likes it greener but he likes the laws and people there.

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...