Monday, November 1, 2010

November!

 I can't believe it's already November! These months are just flying right on by. October was a very speedy month. Soon it will be Thanksgiving and Christmas! Exciting :) I do feel like I just put up my Halloween decorations, too. Time for the Thanksgiving ones. Christmas is tempting, but I can't forget the importance of Thanksgiving.  My sentences are very short- Emilee tired.

Gary and I never had the opportunity to carve pumpkins this year, although we bought a couple just in case. Sadly they are still sitting on our island waiting to be carved. Well, I suppose I can use them for other purposes, right? Like pumpkin seeds?

Anyway, we had our ward Halloween party Saturday night, and it was sooo fun! Since Gary and I are no longer on the activities committee, we got to sit and enjoy and socialize with everyone. I baked up some cornbread for the event and it was gone within minutes (since it turned out perfectly and was super delicious). I was really happy about that!

Gary and I did indeed dress up. For Gary's work, the engineers dressed up as the "Sons of Technology" as opposed to The Sons of Anarchy, a television show on FX. We both watch that show and love it, so it was fun hearing his work was going to dress up as such (in a similar manner of course). Here's a character from the show:






















That's the front of the vest. Gary's version:


























Now the back from the show:

















And Gary:






















I thought it was too cute.

So, I had to dress up similar:























I love my new leather jacket! Bought it at Macy's for 50% off- big sale going on. I had big earrings, too, but it wasn't in the shot.

So, we headed out to the ward Halloween party after these pictures. We enjoyed chili and cornbread, then got to trunk-or-treat. Well, WE didn't, but we handed out candy. We couldn't figure out how to turn the trunk light off in our car, so without wanting to drain the battery, we just closed the trunk and decorated with spider webs. Anyway, here's pictures of the event:


This is when we first arrived

A lot of people by the end of the night!
 Anyway, we came home, watched some scary (and dumb) movies, and crashed! Time to go do stuff! Later.

4 comments:

Carla said...

Heh. LOVE the Dungeon Master patch! So perfectly nerdy.

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, those costumes are so awesome/brilliant! How did Gary make/design his vest? Very slick, that's for sure. Glad you guys had a great trunk-or-treat and Halloween!

Oh, and I totally agree about the decorations... didn't I seriously just put them out last week? Well, on to the next! YAY!

The Pollocks said...

Thanks!
Gary's work I believe had them custom made and ordered, since the whole department was wearing them (with their own "name", Gary's being Dungeon Master)...cuz I ain't that creative, haha.

carrin said...

How adorable you both looked, lol how funny his whole work did that! Glad you had fun.

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...