Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Beautiful Sunday Indeed

 My goodness it's just beautiful outside. A bit cold, but beautiful nonetheless. This spoiled cat has been going outside too. Often times we end up saying, "that's enough already" and bring him inside so we can close the door. We keep a nice warm blanket by the couch so we can always snuggle up when watching a movie or television (although I currently have it wrapped around me while I'm on here).

The mountains are so blue and crisp. Ooh, I'm totally tempted to go on a photo-walk. You know, a beautiful scenic walk through our area and snap photos of how gorgeous it is. Hmm...perfect Sunday to do so.  My favorite thing about Santa Clarita- the mountains and canyons being right there. I even enjoy my drive to work when I work early mornings. Silly me.

Speaking of blankets and such, we "redecorated" our bed. Our old red comforter was torn and just ready to go. Gary and I had been looking around for something new, just hadn't come across anything until a recent trip to Target. They had over-sized king quilts on sale. Since Gary and I prefer quilts over comforters, we bought it. We also added in another layer of a warm blanket we found at Big Lots. Definitely cozy in the cold weather. Since we don't run our heater, it's always nice. We have a small heater we bought for ourselves last year, so it does the trick. Dexter wants outside early mornings, but it doesn't happen anymore. Sorry, cat, 40 degrees is just too cold.

Pretty girl resting on our favorite, warmest blanket of all. Man I love that blanket.
 He stuck his head out when he heard the camera.

Anyway, we love our new bedding.

In other news, I'm looking forward to the holidays. I'm glad work has given me time off to visit family, which we're looking forward to. My job has been understanding when I mentioned we don't have family in this city. Gary took the whole week after Christmas off. I'm looking forward to that as well! I didn't request that many days off because they've been so nice. Just Christmas Eve and Christmas day.

Last week we had the opportunity to attend a dinner party with some friends (other couples in the ward). We've been doing this every month for a few months now, although I missed last month's because work kept me late. Hopefully we'll be able to make it this month. We had a blast, too. It's always nice being able to socialize with other people our age. One of these months Gary and I will have the opportunity to host it. Maybe January or February. We were thinking about throwing the party in the clubhouse, though. So we'll see.

So, yesterday, Gary and I decided to head to Costco to do some shopping. Okay, so we kinda had to since we needed his allergy pills, milk, and a few other things. Anyway, we stopped by the kitchen appliance and storage area and saw a few things we liked. First of all, we liked the rice steamer. We put it on our Christmas list for each other. We then came across the Rubbermaid Premier food storage. We looked at each other and probably had the same thought bubble: opening up our cabinet and watching all the current food storage containers falling out. So, we grabbed it and bought it.
Much, much better. It's actually a set of 5, but we double-stacked the ones on the top row since they all fit within each other and the lids on the bottom fit all of them. What's also neat is the fact they're airtight when you close them. Mucho nice. We love them and the new space.

Anyway, since Gary mumbled something about cookies and hot chocolate before stealing my blanket and dozing off on the couch, I'm going to make cookies and hot chocolate to balance out this cold and cloudy weather. Well, actually I might make a real meal first. Something nice and warm. Maybe some sort of beef casserole?

Bye!

PS- Church was excellent! We learned about the many gifts we receive in our lives. Last week we also sustained our new bishop- Bishop Nathan Aina. Bishop Williams was wonderful, but we're excited to have our new bishop too!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I think having one of our get togethers in the clubhouse sounds like a great idea! :)

I'm glad you're enjoying the cooler weather (and snuggling up with blankets/hubbies that it entails) as much as I do!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...