Tuesday, October 12, 2010

North Hollywood Shopping


  Gary and I enjoyed our weekend together. When Gary came home from work Friday evening, we planned out what we were going to do. Since he has been collecting retro video games and systems, he wanted to find a place which sells things like that. Anyway, the search began. We also discussed going out of town as well. Finally, I found a place in N. Hollywood called Game Dude. So, we decided to go and check it out.

 Gary was in heaven! I can't even begin to count how many games we saw. They have everything from the classic Nintendo games (and systems) to games and systems I had never heard of, to today's games and systems. We spent a good amount of time in there while he was able to browse. It was also huge! Not the typical video game store size. It was a warehouse of games and systems, used and new. We were even wondering how they were able to obtain certain games and systems. Finally, we left with a few games and a Sega Dreamcast to add to his collection. He was one happy boy! A kid in a candy store.


We headed out after that, and decided we wanted to head to the city since we were more in the industrial area. I used Google on my phone to see what was next on the list. I came across something called Citywalk (yes, I admit I didn't know what it was), and mentioned it to Gary. Holy cow was it nuts! We drove there to check it out, but didn't want to pay for parking. Husband promises next time though. Plus, it was a Friday night. You can imagine how crowded it was. Of course it was part of Universal City. I knew that :)

 Me+Crowds= Not going to breathe/panic attacks. So, of course, we turned around and headed back home after a bit. He says we'll plan it out next time and go during the day.

When Saturday rolled around, we were lazy. Well, mostly because I had to work that evening. But Gary and I went to a few places and shopped around. Nothing big, though.

Sunday was great! I always love fast and testimony meeting and hearing the testimonies of others. The lessons in class and RS were about repentance and forgiveness. Thank goodness for the atonement and having that blessing. Makes all the difference in the world. Gary also had the opportunity to speak to the bishop about a lot of things, giving him updates on our life, etc. It was nice. We came home and enjoyed the rest of the day together.

I am NOT looking forward to working today. I work from like 1-9:30. Ugh. I'll make it through, though. Anyway, time for laundry and other things. Bye!


2 comments:

Megan said...

Citywalk is fun! Josh and I went on our first date there. :) But it's definitely super busy on a Friday night/Saturday. I think you'll have a lot of fun if you're able to go back sometime! Lots of interesting shops and such.

Glad you guys were able to have a fun weekend together! That video game store definitely seems like Gary's dream! :)

carrin said...

I am not able to see the words on you background so I have to highlight it, must be a graphic thing? Gary and his games, lol Garrett has had fun playing online with both of you.

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...