Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Calling

 Oh yeah, forgot to mention in my last blog, I was called to serve in the nursery. Our primary callings rotate every 6 months, so 6 months from now, I should be teaching a new class. But Megan and I were both called to serve, so it's just the 2 of us in Nursery now. There weren't too many kids, either, but I believe that's because they split them in half; junior and senior. But I could be wrong! All I know is I was told there are many many little children, but we wouldn't be getting them all...just half.

 They have such sweet little spirits and are too cute. I've served in Nursery and Primary before, for years, but for some reason it still made me a bit nervous. I've never been skilled with this specific age group. I have experience, yes, but I guess I'd have to be a mom first to really understand, or something. I've always liked the older kids. When I was doing my after school teaching, I enjoyed my 6th graders most. The 3rd graders drove me up the wall with all their tattletales and defiance....but that could also be because the schools I worked at were both lower income/troubled students. But for some reason, even with troubled kids, I always seemed to do better with the 6th graders, and even middle school age. I know, many people have said that grade is a nightmare to teach, but I've found some sort of understanding when working with them.

 Anyway, I did enjoy Nursery though. They are so small and sweet, and I even caught myself giggling at their little crunches during snack time. It was completely quiet except their pretzel crunching and chewing; and yes, I found that cute. So I definitely feel blessed to be a part of the program. I'm also glad I had about 6 months to be a part of Relief Society, so I was able to make friends and get to know the women. In the past, when placed in a new ward, I was instantly thrown into Primary, so it made it hard to make any friends. This time was different, and I'm glad.

 So, that's the news sista!

6 comments:

Megan said...

haha, i'm totally the same way! 5th and 6th graders were my favorite to teach in student teaching! i'm glad we're both in the nursery together and can hopefully help each other deal with the wee little ones. They are darn cute. Even when they're pulling and grabbing each other and crying. ;) It'll definitely be a good experience for when we're moms!

Sarah Smith said...

What a fun calling. I hope you enjoy it!

carrin said...

I love nursery, I do miss Andrew though

GordonandChrissy said...

I'm SO excited that you and Megan are in nursery. Spencer comes in this June - so hopefully you'll still be in there. :) He would LOVE you guys.

GordonandChrissy said...

And I would love knowing that he's in there with you two. :)

The Pollocks said...

Thanks!! :) He's too adorable, I'd love having little Spencer.

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...