Thursday, June 18, 2015

Alex is ONE!!

 On May 29th, our cute little boy turned ONE! Crazy, huh? This year flew by. As someone once told me, the days are long but the years are short.


Aww, I want to go back in time and snuggle him!!

      Alex is such a fun, sweet little guy. He is all over the place. He loves to: climb, run, chew on everything (including wood chips and leaves from outside), steal shoes from the closet, help me clean, chase the cats, get into EVERYTHING, pull down rolls of toilet paper, throw his food on the floor, suck his thumb, suck his thumb while grabbing the collar of my shirt and resting his head on me, car rides, reading books, going places, people, socializing, snuggling, the outdoors...can you tell he keeps me busy?? Haha. Never enough entertainment for this little one.

      For his one year checkup, he weighed just under 18 lbs., and did great! In fact, it was the first time the dot went ABOVE his growth curve and knocked him out of the 3rd percentile. So, he's definitely growing! We love his little self though.  His height was in the 50th percentile, so he's just long and lean like his doctor says!

    Anyway, we traveled to Bakersfield for his 1st birthday party, where it was thrown at my brother and SIL's house. They did such an awesome job with everything and completely went out of their way! We stopped by Valencia on the way there to pick up the cupcakes make by my friend Amber Teague, who seriously makes the best!!
Lemon with cream cheese and chocolate mint




"Happy birthday- Fun to be One"

His "All Aboard" theme

Pushing a Hot Wheels

Playing with the boys- Alex LOVES cars!!






I think all the boys at the party were more excited about opening presents than he was.

My dad made him a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting-YUM! He also happened to grab a chocolate cupcake someone left next to him. Well, he enjoyed that too!




     Anyway, it was definitely a success as there were more than 30 people and friends who attended! Some of my family traveled from out of town as well, so that was super nice. He had a blast!! Thankfully his tummy handled the cake well.

    I can't believe we have a KID now, instead of a baby. Well, he's still my baby. Definitely a Mama's boy :). He is a blessing!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

It really is crazy how you blink and your baby is no longer a baby anymore. I instantly started salivating at that picture of those cupcakes. Look amazing! And it looks like Alex's party was so fun. Wish we could have been there to help you celebrate!!!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...