Sunday, May 10, 2015

Family Updates

I haven't been so good at this blogging thing lately, especially keeping up with everyone else. But, while I have some free time, I thought I'd do some updates.

Alex is 11 months now, and extra mobile. He is into. EVERYTHING. He clears out shelves, reaches up and tries to pull items off of tables, etc, and just- well, a handful and a load of fun! Seriously, I love it. Well, except for the part where he got a little overexcited in the cultural hall at church, and face planted onto the wooden floor, causing him to bite through his lip. Gary had him at Mutual, and I received a text message picture of him with blood all over his face. Poor dude. But he was fine and playing, and he just had a bit of a swollen lip for awhile.

There's a place walking distance from us called Pint Size Kids. It's a big, indoor playground, with different rooms to explore- a workshop room (Legos, cars, tools, etc), a general store room with cash registers, shelves of food- kinda like a mini grocery store, a medical center with equipment, a "play house" room with baby dolls, strollers, stove, kitchen- you get it, and a special, gated area for infants and toddlers. The main floor is a huge track with fake grass for pushing around buggy cars and such. Alex doesn't have to be in the infant and toddler area, as the rest of the playground is safe (it's really there to keep him safe from bigger kids), but I just set him down and let him loose. It's nice because it's completely safe, the staff are obsessed with it being clean and disinfected, and I can relax while he plays with other kids and not have to worry about him getting into something he shouldn't. There's also an actual kitchen area in the back with an eating area, and you can order food from the Cafe a few doors down. So, when Alex and I visit, we have lunch together in the back (and of course they have a changing/bathroom area too). Outside the back is a soccer field (fake, safe grass), and there are also various classes like dance and sports. We love it! It's really his favorite place, and when he's worn out, he'll actually cry when I pry him away to take him home.




Playing with the boys

Throwing himself into stuffed animals and apparently having a blast from it
Shopping like Mommy

Our sign it's time to start heading home! Snuggling a stuffed lion.

          Anyway, I cannot believe this child is going to turn one in a few weeks. How crazy is that??

     The rest of the Pollock home is doing well. In fact, we are getting ready for some big changes, but that's a different post altogether! We've definitely been busy. Love my family!




1 comment:

Megan said...

I really think he gets bigger and more grown up looking with every picture you post! That place sounds like so much fun -- like a little kid's heaven! I can see why he'd get upset having to leave! And I'm sure it's nice for you to be able to get out of the house for a bit and break up your day at the same time. Win, win! :)

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...