Thursday, September 25, 2014

Updates and Catching Up

 So much updating to do! I seriously start posting, then something happens, and I never finish! So I'll try to cram this one.

Alex is reaching 4 months old! He is 13.8 lbs (love my little dude!), and learning so much every week. He can:







  • Roll over. I set him down on his back on his music mat one morning (he was about 3 months 2 weeks old at this time), started a load of laundry, and when I came back, he was on his tummy! He also rolls from his tummy to back.
First roll over!

  • Stand up in his exersaucer! 

  • Chat somebody's ear off. He loves to talk, coo, laugh, and make all sorts of sounds!
  • Play with his toys all day, including his feet! He's an excellent grabber just loves to shake and play with anything shiny and bright.
 He also had a bad end-of-the-week a couple-few weeks back when he had breakthrough seizures. He had 7 of them in 2 days (details in the post previous post!). Poor dude!

    Alex is also awesome when it comes to nap time and falling asleep on his own. We just swaddle him up, lay him down on the bed, and he's out within minutes. He's on and off when it comes to the pacifier, so we only use it when it's obvious he needs some soothing. Otherwise he could care less to have it. Anyway, it's definitely nice to be able to get him to sleep without rocking and the whole deal. He still wakes up once or twice in the night to feed, but it's not too bad. I'm honestly going to miss nursing him at night someday.

     We have also been taking walks by the lake in the mornings- when it's not too hot, that is. It's hard getting there early because we both like to sleep in, but when we do have time and the weather isn't too bad, we drive there and walk. He typically stays awake a good chunk of the walk because he wants to see pretty much everything! It's so cute.

Ducks!




Yummy monkey!


    Anyway, on Saturday, Gary and I went down to our nearest shelter (the East Valley Animal Shelter), and picked out a new addition to our family. This little guy was a stray cat- but acts nothing like a stray! He's 5 months old and the sweetest thing. I didn't want an orange cat because we've already been through that- but this little guy won our hearts. We couldn't believe nobody had picked him before us!

  So, here's Wilykat (Wily), from Gary's favorite show as a kid, Thundercats.

So snuggly!


My boys

So sweet!

Cute little guy!

     Anyway, Alex is making conversation with himself, so it's time to get him up from his nap! I'll do my best to keep the posts coming, but we'll see ;).

     Oh, and quick update from the doctor visit awhile back- she said reflux and he was given medication. I don't think it's worked too much as it might be more gas, but there is a slight improvement. 

1 comment:

Megan said...

I am so far behind in my blog writing and reading too! Going to try to play catch up this weekend! I can't believe how big Alex is getting! And it sounds like he rolls over more than Ethan LOL We need to get our little guys together again. :) And your new kitty is super cute too! Glad he's such a perfect fit for you guys!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...