Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Weather Enjoyment

 Gary and I are definitely enjoying the beautiful sunny weather. For a moment it had its cold week, but it's looking up again!

 Last Saturday, we hit the beach. We went to Ventura this time and just relaxed and enjoyed the sunshine- then went shopping and had some fish and chips for lunch. Yum!







 It was definitely a nice trip!


   The Thursday before, I had woken up with a slight sore throat. I thought nothing of it and went on my way. It wasn't until the next Monday morning when I realized it was more, and I wasn't feeling well. I was coughing, congested, had a headache- you name it. This lasted for quite some time. Thursday, when I noticed I had a slight fever (which is shocking), I went and saw the nurse practitioner. She diagnosed me with a sinus infection, gave me some prescription over the counter stuff (since antibiotics don't work with sinus infections), and sent me along my way. The stuff she gave me seemed to work.

  After all these days, I'm still blowing my nose often and still coughing a little, but I feel fine for the most part. She told me it could last for a couple of weeks. But at least I feel good- I've been able to workout and exercise again. I'm also crossing my fingers my poor husband doesn't catch it.

    Anyway, besides sickies and a fun beach trip, all has been going well. There's still some cool news, but I'll text you before I publish it, just because of the timing. And as mentioned earlier, don't get too excited- it's not baby news. Speaking of, I was talking to some parent yesterday during my case (the kids were playing outside and I was chatting with other neighborhood moms), and one woman asked me about children. I said no, but sometime in the future. She then asked my age, and when I told her, she said, "Well, you ARE old. Just sayin'." She then tried to advise me on how to go off birth control when I do make that choice. Slapping that woman would have been fantastic. But, obviously I didn't. She also told me on another day that many people in the neighborhood don't like her because of her political views. Hmm. Yes, we'll go with that. 

   As for a work update, it's been meh. A main case I was working (I was actually the lead on this case), has been having issues and I got removed. And suddenly. So, I just lost about 20 hours per week due to this. It wasn't anything I did- it was parent behavior. They've been breaking rules and obsessively persuading staff members to break rules. I've been on this case for almost a year (the gym one), and the parents have been beyond rude and disrespectful to me- mom 99% of the time. Dad's been okay, and that's because he's mostly at work. She stays home all day (works like 10 hours each week from home), so I guess she had nothing better to do. Anyway, she had been attempting to persuade me for months to break rules, but I've always put my foot down. She spent an hour last week insulting the Mormon religion (since I'm "too good" by following rules), and said something about me becoming Armenian (for real). That's just a small dose, but I won't go into much more details. But staff has been removed and the case might be gone for good. So, I have more free time and am just waiting to hear about more work. As for my other cases, they are fantastic and the parents are amazing. So, no complaint there.

 Well, that's pretty much the update! Life is still amazing. Enjoy the sun and have an awesome day!

2 comments:

Carla said...

Weird that you have heard that antibiotics don't work for a sinus infection. I have found that for bacterial sinus infections, they work quite well. Especially azithromycin which knocks it out in one fabulous day. Of course, viral ones just have to run their course. (There are also fungal ones that have to be treated with anti-fungal medications- yuck.) Have you ever used a Neti pot? Our doctor recommends it and it works quite well, once you can get over the feeling of being water boarded ;)

You are NOT old, by the way. Seriously, mid-twenties is not too old. Ugh.

Megan said...

Oh man, the beach looks heavenly!! I'm so glad you got to get away and spend some time there to enjoy this warm weather we've been having! It was so good to have you and Gary over last week and catch up! We miss you guys! Let's do it again soon. :)

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...