Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I Love...

 Having time to spend with my husband! We had a great weekend.

 Despite feeling like being run over by a bus on Friday, I felt fantastic Saturday. After a beautiful run in the cloudy morning, Gary and I got ready and headed over to the LA temple to do a session. We decided to spend half an hour or so on temple grounds since the weather was so nice.








 It was definitely a fantastic way to spend our Saturday. The session took much longer than usual due to a few factors, so by the time it was over, Gary and I were starving. It was after 3pm- I had only eaten a power bar before my run early that day while Gary had a banana. So, yes, food was on our mind. We hit up California Pizza Kitchen where I had my favorite roasted vegetable salad and Gary a Greek pizza.

After our meal, we spent time walking around the Woodland Hills mall, hit a couple of other places, then finally headed home for the night.

Sunday was just nice in general- being able to go to church, spending time with the missionaries at our place, and having husband and wife peace time. Also, I made some healthy homemade strawberry fudge- yum!

Weekends are definitely valuable to us since we're both working a lot. I'm a little under 40 hours per week (all of my shifts ending at 6pm or later), so any time we can find with each other is perfect. But, the job is still going well and I'm happy with my families and clients.

Anyway, that's our update!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Seeing these pictures makes me realize how badly I need to go to the temple. I haven't been since I was like... 4 or 5 months pregnant. So it has been WAY too long. Glad you were able to enjoy your time there and spend quality time with Gary... so important to keep a priority even with crazy work schedules!

carrin said...

Dad and I need to go soon. You look beautiful, what a great way to spend the day.

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...