Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas and 2012

While bringing in the new year was pretty uneventful, we did have a fun Christmas in Bakersfield with  my family. We were able to see so many people, old friends, and visit family members we haven't seen in forever. It was awesome.


 We also got a lot of great new gifts, and I was able to get new clothes I can wear around while my size is continuing to shrink.

 For the new year, we just stayed at home together. In fact, I was so tired by midnight, I bonked out. Gary said I made the event pretty boring, but what can I say? Lol. I did 6 miles that morning around the lake, then even managed to workout at the gym for an hour that evening. Let's just say by midnight, I was completely ready to crash and rest.

 We have been having so much fun though. He's been able to have vacation time during these holidays and spending time with him is amazing. We've been doing a little traveling, but mostly have been spending time in the city and enjoying the incredible 70 degree weather we have been blessed with this week. It really makes me want to hit the beach, but I know for sure it will be super cold there.  We've also been hitting the jacuzzi and meeting new neighbors which is also nice.

 As for resolutions, I have a few; but I haven't made a huge deal about it all. Losing weight is a lifestyle choice, so I'm just adding on the fact I plan on making it to my goal weight this year without a problem. 2011 was pretty amazing with all the weight I lost and the feeling of being healthy and happy; so I know 2012 will be even better. I mean, starting the new year in 70-something degree weather and 75 lbs lighter? Awesome.

Anyway, time to spend another vacation day with Gary. I hope everyone has an incredible 2012!

Be sure to check out my 2 new posts on my fitness blog! I found a great tool that made a huge difference on my view of things.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I LOVE that picture of you and Gary! So, so cute!!!

I'm so glad that both you and Gary have had the week off to spend together! I had the week off last week, but Josh had to work, so we really only saw each other on the weekends... it was kind of a bummer! Happy New Year! You've definitely got great things in store!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...